Jump to contentJump to search
Koffer auf Autodach befestigt

Period of study abroad

International focus of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities

The faculties at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf have a strong international focus. It is possible both for students from abroad to study in Düsseldorf and for HHU students to undertake studies abroad for a temporary period. Through close collaborations and numerous research projects, the Faculty of Arts and Humanities is integrated into an international academic network.

Exchange programmes for students at European level are a particularly important part of this. The ERASMUS programme funded by the European Union offers students the opportunity to spend a semester in another European country during their studies.

You can find everything you need to know as an incoming or outgoing student on the central HHU Erasmus pages. If you have subject-specific questions, please contact the Erasmus Departmental Coordinator for the corresponding subject.

The Erasmus+ traineeship is an EU-funded programme that supports traineeships in other European countries for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months. A trilateral agreement (Training Agreement) is concluded between the trainee, the International Office and the organisation offering the traineeship position in the other country.

General information:
You can find general information on Erasmus+ traineeships on the International Office website. If you have any further questions, please contact the responsible employees at the International Office.

Selection criteria at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities:
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities selects candidates from the applications received on the basis of the following criteria:

  • Covering letter
  • Study performance
  • Language skills
  • Overall impression

If you have any subject-specific questions about Erasmus+ traineeships and the selection criteria, please contact the Erasmus Departmental Coordinator for the corresponding subject.

If you switch from a different subject or university and would like to have completed courses recognised for your new subject, please contact the course recognition advisors.

Responsible for the content: